Last Updated: January 2nd, 2019
You should be aware that Xxxxxx US is not a healthcare provider (e.g. doctor, hospital, pharmacist, etc.) and therefore is generally not subject to the Privacy Rule under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). To the extent that HIPAA imposes requirements on healthcare providers relating to individually identifiable healthcare information, those requirements may not apply to Xxxxxx US.
This Policy Includes:
- Collection of Personal Information
- How Personal Information may be used
- Who Personal Information may be disclosed to
- Visitor tracking information
- Web Logs
- Pixel Tags
- Social Plugins
- Google Analytics
- How to stop getting communications
- Correcting or Deleting Personal Information
- This policy addresses only information that is or may be collected on our U.S. websites – which are NOT intended to be used by non-U.S. residents.
- This policy applies only to information collected on websites that are directly linked to this policy, and does not apply to information collected in other areas, whether online or offline. This policy does not apply to third-party websites that may be accessed through a link from a site covered by this policy. You should review the privacy policies of any third-party websites to understand how that site collects, uses and discloses any Personal Information or non-Personal Information (as defined below).
- Our U.S. websites are not intended for, or designed to attract, individuals under the age of 13, or to collect Personal Information (as defined below) from children either directly or through passive information technology such as cookies. If a parent or guardian has reason to believe that a child has provided us with Personal Information (as defined below), the parent or guardian should contact us at 800-633-1610.
- This policy does not apply to information collected through applications on mobile or personal devices, even if the application may be accessed through a link from a site covered by this policy.
Collection of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is information that directly identifies you or could reasonably be used in combination with other information to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by Sanofi US web sites and maintained by or for Sanofi US in an accessible form. Examples of Personal Information that directly identify you can include your name, driver’s license number, social security number, biometric or genetic data, street address, telephone number, email address and other similar information. Examples of Personal Information that when combined with other information may be able to identify you include race, gender, date of birth, health condition or status, employment status, zip code and other similar information. Both types of information are considered “Personal Information” for the purposes of this policy.
Please do not submit any Personal Information if you do not want it to be collected. You should be aware, however, that without providing requested information, you may not be able to participate in particular features or activities that require such information.
Certain areas of our websites allow you to contact us to ask questions or provide comments or other information. Please be aware that when you ask questions or provide comments or other information, you may be disclosing Personal Information.
Non-Personal Information is information that is not personal, such as questions, comments, ideas and suggestions that you provide, or information that we may collect that is not linked to any Personal Information. Non-Personal Information will be treated as non-confidential, and we may disclose and/or use that information without any obligation whatsoever to you, for any purpose and through any means.